Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Not much happenin' here

Not much going on here - Mom says it is the Dog Days of Summer - but I don't see anything particularly "doggy" about them.

It is hot hot hot hot hot. And humid. So it is not much fun outside.

When I go outside with Mom, I run for my soccer ball and I really want to play soccer with Mom, but by the time I bring the ball to her, I am too hot to play, so I just stand there, holding my ball, and let her rub my butt. Then SHE gets too hot, and tells me it is time to go inside.

But she lets me bring my soccer ball inside now, and we play a little bit in the house, but we have to be very careful!



My friend Kathy came to visit me 3 weeks ago, and she stayed for a real long time, and that was a lot of fun. Except one morning Kathy and my Mom left the house when it was still dark outside, and they were gone for a long time, and when the garage door finally opened again, only Kathy was there! She left my Mom somewhere! I was very upset about this.

The next day, Kathy left me all alone at the house again, but she came home soon, and she had found my Mom! I was so glad to see her. But Mom didn't feel good, and had a boo-boo on her neck, and had to go to bed. She started to feel a little better after a few days, and we are going back to work everyday, but she says she still doesn't feel good enough to take me for walkies. I think it's partly because it is so hot!

I survived the bang-bang noises again for another time - this time, our dumb ole neighbors made the bang-bang noises for 2 days in a row! It was scary!

I hope you aren't as hot as I am!

I am spending a lot of time making new friends on FaceBook. Facebook still confuses me, but I am trying!

21 comments:

the teacher's pets said...

I think you and your mom are very smart to stay outside fur only a very short time even though it can be boring to be indoors fur so long! My kitty brother, Buster, has lots of fun ideas for keeping cool this summer and the doggies can do these things too so check it out soon!
Love,
Daisy

houndstooth said...

I would not be happy if somebody pulled a disappearing act with my mom!

Bunny

Sunny said...

Hey Bailey!
Nice to see your smiling face!
It's horribly hot and humid here, almost a 100°! Too hot for walkies for sure.
Mom had to run an errand and it was nice to ride in the car with the AC full blast.
Luv, Lucy (Woof!)

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! Good to hear from you ... been a long time. Glad to hear you are well. I know its HOT HOT HOT HOT. I'm staying indoors most of the time ... long walks is just impossible. Sending your mom my Golden Healing Thoughts. Hope she feels better.
Ooops I keep on forgetting about your Facebook (I've neglected fine) will find you when we login again.
Mmmmm Got your comment today. You will be the 3rd Golden who ask ME. I'm delighted how I found Golden LOVE at the age of 8 (soon to be 9). I gotta to blog about this. Woof! Woof! Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

JacksDad said...

We are not hot because we stay inside all day until it is cool.

Or we walk in the shade!

Sagira said...

It is hot here, so that means lots of play in the hose for me! :)

Road Dog Tales said...

Bailey - You are indeed a handsome fellow! And when you've got all that furbulous hair - inside is the BEST place to be! Stay cool!
The Road Dogs

Lola and also Franklin, too said...

Gotta do whatever keeps you cool in this heat, Baily. I'm sorry your Mom disappeared on you, but furry glad she found her way home.

lotsa licks, Lola

pibble said...

Hey, Bailey - where've you been? Sorry to hear about mom's neck boo-boo. I hope it's better soon. I'm also sorry I looked at the pics while I was eating! Oh, well, I'm tough! ;-)

The Daily Pip said...

Hi Bailey! Thanks for following my blog! I am your newest follower as well!

It is hot here too! I don't do well in the heat or the cold. Spring and fall are my seasons!

Your pal, Pip

Wrigley said...

It is definitely too hot to be outside. I feel your pain on the bang bang stuff! I spent 3 nights hiding in my kennel.

Wags N Kisses,
Wrigley

Lorenza said...

Hi, Bailey!
I hope your mom feels better soon!
Here is hot and humid too!
Not funny!
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

PussDaddy said...

It is rainy here today, so it is hot and humid too. Had to take Jasper's poo to the vet to have it analyzed and they didn't find anything wrong with it but gave me some meds to try to regulate good/bad bacteria in his system so that his poo doesn't stink so bad. It is a powder and you put it on his food, and he must like it because he ate it. The fireworks scared all of us too-PussDaddy, Jasper, and June-and we are glad they are over. I am glad your mom came back, we dont' like ours to leave either, and we all hope she is feeling better soon.

PussDaddy

Bailey said...

Oh, Puss - sorry about your kitty! My Mom is threatening to take me to the doctor because I keep throwing up, but she secretly thinks I am doing it on purpose, so she is "keeping an eye on me."

the booker man said...

bailey, i am totally as hot as you are since i live near you!! did you hear it's gonna be even hotter tomorrow?? there's a heat advisory thingie up! at least your mama lets you bring your soccer ball inside...my mama won't let me do that. boohoo!
please give your mama gooey nose kisses from me! i hope she is feelin' the betterment!!
*woof*
the booker man

How Sam Sees It said...

We hope your Mom has a speedy recovery, sweet Bailey! Keep cool!

Sam

Golden Samantha said...

Hi Bailey,
Is your Mom okay with neck thingy now? Sorry peoples keep changing in your life these last couple of days - it will get better. And I definitely hope the weather gets very better soon - sizzlin' days are no fun. Chill pal!
big Hugs xoxoox
Sammie and Ma

Wyatt said...

Yah, Summer can be a bummer! We are not accustom to hot weather. Only one more hot day for us this week and then back in the 80's, yeah!

Wyatt

Bailey said...

My Mom says to tell everyone thank-you, and she is doing a little bit better. But she still can't talk!

And PS to booker - my Mom used to be real strict about the soccer ball staying outside, but I gave her my famous "sad brown eyes" treatment, and pretended I was going to stay outside and play if I couldn't bring it in, so she said OK - I think it was because she was sick. I guess I took advantage...... who cares? I got my ball in the house!

Thor and Jack said...

Hope your mom has a speedy recovery, Bailey.
Facebook still confuses me too.
Great picture with your soccer ball! Beautiful smile!
Thor

Bailey said...

I'm so glad to see my friends again ... but I still am missing a few of you! Hope you are OK.

Too hot to go outside again, so I think I will blog!